I begin with - Al fateha

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Separation Anxiety...

Apparently, my boss called me a few weeks back to check if I could return to the office earlier to help out with the company's call centre. Work will be extended till end March before the official outsource to the Manila Call centre takes place.

At first, I looked at my babies and I rejected. Afterall, Little Habib had just started school and adik is still very much on Breast milk.

But than again, I watched them day in and day out, and things seems to have settled down now and my mum had given me the green light to start work, so Ive decided to return to work next week. Yeah, so much for the 4 months of maternity leave hor... !
Of cos, I will get extra pay for returning..its just a matter of sacrificing my leave... still, I find it a little necessary as the money will come in handy in times like this..insya'allah.

Since Ive made this decision, I have been going through some bouts of depression...just tiny ones... ( who said Muslims does not go through depression? ) We do... I feel everyone can get depression, its just a matter of how we handle it... eg: zikir , reading the quran , qiamulail....seek help from Allah (swt)....or by any other halal means like drinking coffee or spending time with love ones...talking it out...

Yes, so I can feel the separation anxiety already!... its been 3 days of not picking up Little Habib from school ( dry run lah for the actual day ) and he came home telling me " Ummi never come and fetch me eh.?"....you see, the little one feel it too....
Today, I'll be fetching him, just need to explain to him after this that Tok or Dada will be the ones fetching him once Ummi starts work next week...Ohhh.... painful....

Than, there is Adik... angel I tell u.. ( insya'allah )...well she needs me too.. I mean, I know Mak and Daddy and the Aunty and Mamus at home can shower her with hugs and kisses but its the Ummi's touch that is special to the baby right... and what about the milk?
well, for now, she just have to take express breastmilk and if not enough, its Dumex Mamex.

Little Habib is getting better in school, he does not say those bad words anymore, and he has so far stop hitting his friends. Sometimes, I do find his school a little too strict but I guess they have to maintain a high standard of discipline to control the lot of toddlers.
I am quite happy I didn't pull him out of school when the going was bad because, yesterday, he recited the doa after eating ( in a cute voice he said : " Oh Allah, thank you for the food and drink and for making us good Muslims. Amin " and wiped his palms over his face. )
Oh Masya'Allah.. hubby and me were overjoyed like Jakun parents asking him to repeat what he just did..hahahhhh.....
and sometimes he will mutter those arabic words he learn in school like " Gufronaka" or " Qiam" or "Illaliqa"....

Anyway, he is learning some things there... he just need to learn to behave when he is out with us. That part is abit tough and rather challenging cos he's rather pampered.





Adik sleeping in her baby cot.
Hubby decided to dump the play pen and buy this baby cot from our good friends Fir and Ummu Nabil.
Came at a very good price and in good condition too with free mattress and linens! Alhamdullilah...
Nabil used to sleep in this cot, and now Adik. She seems happy there you know, sometimes she smiles in her sleep and we joked that she is thinking of Abang Nabil...(hehe..sorry hor for the joke at such a young age..sheesh... )
and so far, Adik is well trained to sleep in the cot, unlike Little Habib who has been sleeping in between me and hubby from day 1.

6 comments:

Hajar Alwi said...

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going ... laa laa and I'm just spamming ur comments section. :P

What I meant to say was, I'm glad the little ones are doing fine. Separation is hard, although I prefer to think it is the depth of time than the length of time that matters the most. Btw, angelic Adik looks mighty super comfy in her cot. ^^

W'salam,
Hajar

Anonymous said...

oohhh she's sooo cute... makes me yearn for another baby :)

and insya'Allah everything will be ok ... ur children will be fine when you go to work... take care k *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Masya allah... she's so cute. I love babies sleeping in cots. Looks serene.

Anonymous said...

*Coos in rapture* Ooh.. My future daughter-in-law! Come, Mummy, will teach ALL the naughty things! (Ummu Yasir, this is the part where you run off with your angel hor...) Hehehe..

Alhamdulillah on your unexpected rezki :D But separation anxiety is correct lah. What we see is clingy children, but if we take time to actually look into their eyes when they cling to us, we can see that we are the entire universe to them! It's humbling.

Ummi's Blog said...

Salaams...

haha u guys are funny... anyway, baby girls are sooo sweet compared to boys..heh.

well, its the first day at work today and its not a moment that pass that Im not thinking of them... really have to be strong and remind myself y am i at work and not with them...

Anonymous said...

same lah lil laith also sleeps with us in between and whenever we tried move him to cot, he'll cry in sleep..mcm tak sampai hati! hehe