I begin with - Al fateha

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Be Thankful Ummi.

Yesterday, I met up with a close friend of mine. She is a muslimah and someone who takes care of her aurat strictly. But oh how dissappointed was I when she bragged in between our conversations .
I didnt correct her there and then and I just smiled when she bragged. I could not bring myself to say anything, obviously shocked at how proud she could get. I came home, feeling abit sad that i didnt have what she has. Of cos, no matter how thankful I am with what Allah bless me with, I was still affected by my friend's luxury. Bersyukur !.. thats the word i have to remind myself.
When i related this story to my hubby, about my friend being riak, my hubby reminded me of an advise given by Almarhum Ustaz Syed Abdillah Aljuffri.

: CARILAH KAWAN YANG MANA BILA LIHAT WAJAHNYA, AKAN MEMBUAT KITA UNTUK MENGINGAT ALLAH.

Find a friend of whom if we were to look at their face, we would be reminded of Allah because of how humble, taqwa and tawaduk their behaviour is. Me and especially my Hubby have many such friends, alhamdullilah

No comments: