I begin with - Al fateha

Friday, November 2, 2007

AIF ! ....

Alhamdullilah, Its a Friday.

Its a lovely Friday morning, but my back is aching. The nauseating feeling has gone away. I woke up as azan sounded on our radio. Ohh, I have to doa for for my hubby today.
Since Im excused from solat, I just cleaned myself up, sat on the sejadah and read Asma-Ul Husna. May Allah grant my doa with the blessings of reading out his name.

I leave our matters to you Allah. If this job is good for him, for me, for our son and if it makes us better servant of yours, please grant him this job. Amin.

I decide to leave the issue of branded bags as it is and move on. Im not saying that its wrong to buy branded bags, but ask yourself what is your intentions at the end of the day. If its to reward yourself for working hard, then insyallah, these things will not be "fitnah' to you. But if its to show people that you have the $$, to get praises from others, then May Allah forgive you.

And if I were to get one, it will not be because you pressured me to, but because I simply liked it. Insyallah, May we all be on the straight path.

Once, hubby asked an Ustaz on how much he charged for his arabic lessons, and Ustaz replied " no dont talk $$ to me.. no charge, no charge"... and he shook his head in disagreement when $$ was mentioned as if he didn't liked being asked. This showed how much ustaz did not want to attach himself to worldly things. This is an act I must follow. This Ustaz, masya'allah...a convert but his taqwa put many of us born Muslim to shame.

Our prophet (s.a.w) slept on woven reeds that when he awoke, the imprints of which was visible on his blessed body. Such is the state of poverty that he chose to live on.
So the next time we sleep on our expensive mattresses, shouldn't we be thankful ?

I write this as a reminder to myself and anyone in my position and not to shame anyone else. Insyallah.

Innallàha wa malâikatahû yusallûna 'alan-nabiyy, ayyuhalladhîna âmanû sallû alayhi wa sallimû taslîmâ. (Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect.) 33:56

No comments: